Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling
This qualification is aimed at learners who are starting or returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling. It is also suitable for refresher training.
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992 and associated legislation
- Reasons for managing manual handling risks within the workplace
- Principles of manual handling risk assessment
- Structure and function of the spine
- Risk factors for back pain
- Basic spinal biomechanics
- Application of efficient movement principles to routine loads, non-routine loads, pushing and pulling and team handling
- Teaching and mentoring skills that facilitate the learning and development of the workforce in relation to manual handling
- The importance of a manual handling trainer maintaining continuing professional development.
A multiple choice examination under test conditions.
Max number of trainees: 10
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Successful delegates will be awarded their certificate from Highfield Qualifications