To provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary to train operators to correctly prepare, safely operate and correctly maintain a Tow Tractor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rated capacity of a Tow Tractor.
- Carry out a pre-use inspection.
- Able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Travel (forward and reverse) with laden and un-laden trailers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of operator’s responsibilities & relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Course Content
- Introduction to machine controls and instruments
- Weight assessment & tow capacity
- Tow Truck Stability
- Components and main types of tow tractor
- Limitations of use
- Emergency controls
- Hitching & un-hitching trailers
- Handling laden & un-laden trailers
- Re-fuelling procedures
- Pre-start inspection & maintenance
- Driving in confined areas
Max number of trainees – 3
Length of Certification – 3 Years
RTITB, NPORS or Small Training Solutions Certified
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.