Overhead Gantry Crane
To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to overhead crane operators, working in the construction industry and allied environments.
Overhead Gantry Crane
The overhead gantry crane, is a very useful piece of equipment, the employer must provide adequate training in its safe use. Many people are underestimate this pieve of equipment as the controls are relatively easy to understand and use but there is so much more to it.
Our training course covers a range of legislation, pre use checks, lifting accessories and attachments and so much more.
How is someone deemed competent? – training, knowledge and experience.
Are your operators correctly trained in the safe operation of the overhead gantry crane?
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery. To have a working knowledge of how the various overhead cranes operate and to identify the major components of the equipment and carry out an effective pre use check.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as an operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Setting up exclusion zone
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for overhead crane use.
- Conducting all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Preparing the overhead crane for use and operating machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carrying out all end of work and shut down procedures.
Different Course Types
The type of forklift training course that you require, will all depend on the experience of the forklift operator. Below you can see the different courses available based on the level of experience.
A novice course is for operators with no experience using a piece of equipment or has been using one with no training previously for less than 6 months.
To qualify for a refresher course, the operator must have proof that they have completed training in this category, without this proof they will not be ale to attend refresher training.
If the operator has previously used another similat piece of equipment, then they can convert to another.
Some operators may have previously been trained in-house or has been using the equipment without any training. Therefore an experienced course would be for them. Minimum of 6 months experience is required.
Experienced Worker Test (NPORS and STS Certificate ONLY)
Experienced operators may be eligible to sit an EWT (experienced worker test) if they are adequately experienced and subject to profiling by our instructor, if you are not sure if you are eligible for an EWT please email us and we will send you a fillale PDF which you can complete and send back to us.
When delivering training on your site, it may be that you have restrictions that result in an element of training not being included.
The length of your course may be altered due to this and any certificates achieved will show any restrictions.
- Small Training Solutions Certified
Overhead Gantry CraneTraining Courses onsite:
Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Blackwood, Swansea, Llanelli, Llansamlett, Crosshands, Pembroke, Caerphilly, Carmerthen, Bristol, Brecon, Neath, South Wales, Wrexham, Llandielo, Aberdare, Mountian Ash, UK Wide