Overhead Gantry Crane
To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to overhead crane operators, working in the construction industry and allied environments.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as an operator.
- Learning a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Being able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Being able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Setting up exclusion zone
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for overhead crane use.
- Conducting all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Preparing the overhead crane for use and operating machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carrying out all end of work and shut down procedures.
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills
Length of Certification: 3 Years
RTITB, NPORS or Small Training Solutions Certified
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.