Forward Tipping Dumper
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery including attachments. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre use check.
Forward Tipping Dumper
Forward Tipping Dumpers are essential in the in a range of industries such as construction, utilities, farming and much more. Adequate training is required before operating on site, we provide training for all experience levels.
We are accredited by NPORS, and are regularly audited and monitored to ensure our training meets the standard.
Our forward tipping dumper courses will vary in duration, some factors effecting this are truck type, number of delegates and also if the course is run with a restriction due to the operators daily work.
We offer a wide range of plant machinery courses which are accredited by either the RTITB or NPORS and support you post course with a range of documentation and email/telephone support.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre use check.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
Different Course Types
The type of forklift training course that you require, will all depend on the experience of the forklift operator. Below you can see the different courses available based on the level of experience.
A novice course is for operators with no experience using a forklift or has been using one with no training previously for less than 6 months.
To qualify for a refresher course, the operator must have proof that they have completed training in this category, without this proof they will not be able to attend refresher training.
If the operator has previously used another truck type, then they can convert to another.
Some operators may have previously been trained in-house or has been using the equipment without any training. Therefore an experienced course would be for them. Minimum of 6 months experience is required.
Experienced Worker Test (NPORS and STS Certificate ONLY)
Experienced operators may be eligible to sit an EWT (experienced worker test) if they are adequately experienced and subject to profiling by our instructor, if you are not sure if you are eligible for an EWT please email us and we will send you a fillale PDF which you can complete and send back to us.
When delivering training on your site, it may be that you have restrictions that result in an element of training not being included. The following are restrictions that may be present:
- Vehicle Loading Only
- Bulk Stacking Only
- Medium Level Stacking Only (less than 3m)
- Non Rough Terrain Use
If any of these apply to your premises or the training you’re wanting, please make us aware. The length of your course may be altered due to this and any certificates achieved will show any restrictions.
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
- Small Training Solutions Certified
Forward Tipping Dumper Training Courses onsite:
Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Blackwood, Swansea, Llanelli, Llansamlett, Crosshands, Pembroke, Caerphilly, Carmerthen, Bristol, Brecon, Neath, South Wales, Wrexham, Llandielo, Aberdare, Mountian Ash, UK Wide