Telescopic Handler - Suspended Loads
To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to suspending loads using a telescopic handler (telehandler) for operators within the construction industry and allied environments.
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Being able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, and conforming to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Being able to locate, identify and explain Safe Working loads, Lifting capacity chart and explaining how the manufacturer may reduce the lifting capacity when moving a suspended load, different lifting configurations and working ranges
- Identifying and explaining different lifting procedures, explaining what task could fall into each category.
- Identifying and explaining centres of gravity and calculating estimated weights of loads.
- Identifying any overhead / proximity hazards.
- Being able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing placement zone with the Slinger / Signaller.
- Ensuring the Telescopic Handler is in a safe condition and that attachments are fitted correctly
- Checking load integrity and security.
- Being able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner, ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carrying out all out-of service and securing procedures.
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills
Max number of trainees: 3
A Certificate of Training and ID card will be awarded to successful delegates, the course is accredited by either the RTITB or NPORS.