Strimmer / Brushcutter
Our Strimmer / Brushcutter course is designed for delegates of all experience levels, an often overlooked piece of equipment in regards to training but accountable for a number of accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of a brushcutter/trimmer, with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards
- State and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/trimmer and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist engineer
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/trimmer from both a hot and a cold condition in a safe manner
- Operate the brushcutter/trimmer in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors
- Plan systematic working operations
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills
Max number of trainees: 4
A Certificate of Training and ID card will be awarded to successful delegates, the course is accredited by NPORS.