1a MEWP Static Vertical
This one day accredited training course instructs an operator how to prepare and safely operate static vertical personnel platforms. It provides both theory and practical training.
1A Static Vertical
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 requires anyone that works at height are to be deemed competent – if someone is not competent, they should not work at height unless supervised by a competent person.
How is someone deemed competent? – training, knowledge and experience.
Our static vertical course will correctly train and test you or your staff in the safe use, selection, pre use check, storage, pre use check and operation of the equipment. Without successfully completing adequate training you risk being non compliant with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Small Training Solutions are approved to issue our own certification, RTITB or NPORS Accredited certification, both options will provide proof of training, all certification is backed up with your record of training archived on our secure system.
RIDDOR statistics released before the Work at Height Regulations 2005 showed that 60% of falls recorded were “low falls” from below head height.
This course is designed for those personnel who are required to operate the static vertical in the workplace.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- What are the hazards
- Risk Assessment and Safe System of Work
- MEWP selection
- MEWP Pre Use Check
- Hierarchy of control measures while working at height
- Rescue plans
- Understanding the equipment used
- Operating the equipment
- Theoretical Examination
- Practical Test of Basic Operating Procedures
A high proportion of theory and practical exercises, this is followed by a theory test, pre use test and practical test.
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
- Small Training Solutions Certified
1A Static Vetical Training Courses onsite:
Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Blackwood, Swansea, Llanelli, Llansamlett, Crosshands, Pembroke, Caerphilly, Carmerthen, Bristol, Brecon, Neath, South Wales, Wrexham, Llandielo, Aberdare, Mountian Ash, UK Wide