Slinger / Signaller Banksman
This accredited Slinger and Signaller course (often referred to as a rigger banksman), will give you the skills needed to be safe and efficient at your job.
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller
- Being able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Being able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explaining their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
- Being able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Undertaking all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identifying non-serviceable items
- Explaining procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Identifying and explaining centres of gravity and calculating estimated weights of loads
- Setting up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use
- Securing various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Directing and guiding the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
- Environmental considerations
- Carrying out all out-of service and securing procedures
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills
Max number of trainees: 3
Length of Certification: 3 Years
A Certificate of Training and ID card will be awarded to successful delegates, the course is accredited by either the RTITB or NPORS.