Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck
This equipment is commonly known as the MOFFETT, our accredited course is designed to train delegates how to safely and efficiently operate the equipment in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck
The vehicle mounted lift truck is commonly referred to as the MOFFETT, the equipment is mounted onto the rear of a heavy good vehicle and allows the driver to load or unload their own vehicle. Our MOFFETT course wil train delegates inline with legislation and best practice.
How is someone deemed competent? – training, knowledge and experience.
Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck operators are required to undertake adequate training in the safe and efficient use of the equipment, training inline with the L117. Without successfully completing adequate training you risk being non compliant with the relevant regulations.
Small Training Solutions are approved to issue our own certification, RTITB certification or NPORS Accredited certification, both options will provide proof of training, all certification is backed up with your record of training archived on our secure system. MOFFETT training is a great way to also ensure your staff are aware of their responsibilities and also safe to themselves and other people.
HSE statistics show that fatal injuries in the workplace have remained level in recent years and falls from height is still one of the biggest causes.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those personnel who are required to operate a vehicle mounted lift truck (MOFFETT) as part of their duties in the workplace.
Course Aim and Content
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Management of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
• Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
• L117: Approved Code of Practice Rider Operated Lift Trucks
• What are the hazards
• Risk Assessment and Safe System of Work
• Pre-Use Checks and Maintenance
• Safe use of attachments and how they de-rate a lift truck
• Operation of the lift truck in a range of scenarios (inclines, loading vehicles, bulk stacking)
• Recharging/Refueling arrangements
• Mounting and dismounting from the host vehicle
• End of shift checks
• Theoretical Examination
• Pre-Use Inspections examination
• Practical Test of Basic Operating Procedures
Training and Testing Methods
A high proportion of theory and practical exercises, this is followed by a theory test, pre use test and practical test.
NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
Small Training Solutions Certified
Why Small Training Solutions
Training Day or Night
High Pass Rate
Only Qualified Instructors
Award Winning Company
Ladder Training Courses in:
Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Blackwood, Swansea, Llanelli, Llansamlett, Crosshands, Pembroke, Caerphilly, Carmerthen, Bristol, Brecon, Neath, South Wales, Wrexham, Llandielo, Aberdare, Mountian Ash, UK Wide