To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery including attachments. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines operate and to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions, including weight limits, and to carry out an effective pre use check.
For availability, bookings and prices, call us on 01443 571944
Alternatively you can contact us online – just click the button to the right.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges on the excavator
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER. LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre the excavator in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles / hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials (excavators over 5 tonnes – using a multi-purpose front bucket).
- Remove and re-attach buckets
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills
Max number of trainees: 3
A Certificate of Training and ID card will be awarded to successful delegates, the course is accredited by NPORS.