3b Mobile Boom
This one day accredited training course instructs an operator how to prepare and mobile boom personnel platforms.
3B Mobile Boom
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 requires anyone that works at height are to be deemed competent – if someone is not competent, they should not work at height unless supervised by a competent person.
How is someone deemed competent? – training, knowledge and experience.
Our mobile boom course will correctly train and test you or your staff in the safe use, selection, pre use check, storage, disposal procedures and correct wearing on the harness, pre use check of the machine and operating it correctly and safey. Without successfully completing adequate training you risk being non compliant with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Small Training Solutions are approved to issue our own certification or NPORS Accredited certification, both options will provide proof of training, all certification is backed up with your record of training archived on our secure system. Harness training is a great way to also ensure your staff are aware of their responsibilities.
RIDDOR statistics released before the Work at Height Regulations 2005 showed that 60% of falls recorded were “low falls” from below head height.
This course is designed for those personnel who are required to operate the mobile boom category in the workplace.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- What are the hazards
- Risk Assessment and Safe System of Work
- Correct selection of the harness and lanyard
- Hierarchy of control measures while working at height
- Rescue plans
- MEWP Selection
- Operating at full capacity
- Understanding the equipment used
- Suspension Trauma
- Pre-Use Checks
- Theoretical Examination
- Practical Test of Basic Operating Procedures
A high proportion of theory and practical exercises, this is followed by a theory test, pre use test and practical test.
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
- Small Training Solutions Certified
3B Mobile Boom Training Courses onsite:
Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Blackwood, Swansea, Llanelli, Llansamlett, Crosshands, Pembroke, Caerphilly, Carmerthen, Bristol, Brecon, Neath, South Wales, Wrexham, Llandielo, Aberdare, Mountian Ash, UK Wide